Error code 0x8000000b is the error that occurred during the time of syncing emails. Windows 10 gives you an in-built app that allows you to sync your Gmail, Yahoo, and many other accounts. This error occurs when that application tries to sync your accounts. The occurrence of error code 0x8000000b can also be a hindrance to syncing your account. After popping up this error, your account will not be synced. 0x80070425, 0x8007042b, 0x8000ffff are also the same type of error, the main error is same i.e. 0x8000000b. As with the problems, solutions are also the same. If you are having this error and searching for the solution to fix this error, you are at the right place. The solutions to this problem are given below with some easy steps to fix it. Before that, let’s see the problems causing this kind of error.
What are the causes of the Windows error code 0x8000000b?
The main causes of this error are given below.
- If IMAP or POP is not enabled on your pc: You may face this error if you have not enabled Post Office Protocol(POP) and Internet Message Access Protocol(IMAP) is not enabled in your email server.
- If your Windows firewall is not allowing the request: Microsoft has stated that if your firewall is blocking your request sent by the Mail application, this error may pop up.
- If you have third-party antivirus or Windows defender: Enabling third-party applications or Windows Defender can cause this error.
What is the solution to fix the Windows error code 0x8000000b?
Now let’s jump into the solution of error code 0x8000000b.
1. You should turn your antivirus or Windows Defender off:
If you are not being able to sync your email, you should disable your antivirus or Windows Defender from your PC. Before doing it, you must be sure that your PC will be at risk of malware if you disable your antivirus or Windows Defender. To disable your antivirus or Windows Defender, follow these simple steps.
- At first, go to the start menu. You should search for Windows Defender Security Center.
- You should select Windows Defender Security Center, which will appear at the top of the list of results.
- After that, you should click on Firewall and network protection.
- Now, you should choose a network profile and then turn your Windows Firewall off.
- Check whether your mail is syncing or not.
2. You should allow Mail through Windows Firewall:
If Windows Defender allowed you to sync mail, then also you should follow these steps. For those who could not solve their error using the above solution, this solution may help you in solving your problem. Those simple and easy steps are given below.
- Go to Windows Defender Security Center, once again.
- You should click on Firewall and network protection.
- You can see Allow an app through Firewall, click on it and change the setting for Mails.
- Finally, click on OK.
3. You should remove and add your account again:
This solution seems to be silly, but many users have got their errors fixed by using this solution. You should follow these simple steps to fix your error code 0x8000000b.
- Go to the search bar and type Mails and select Mails from the list of results.
- You should open the setting from the Navigation Bar.
- You should choose the account that you need to delete from the Mail application and select Delete account.
- After that, your specific account will be deleted. You should add that account again.
4. You should sign in to your account using Advanced Settings:
If you have tried all the above solutions and still you have the same error popping up, we have the final solution for the error for you.
You should try this if you have a problem with your Google account:
If you have a google account, you should try these steps to fix your error.
- You should log in to your Gmail account by using any browser.
- You should go to a setting that appears at the top right of the web page.
- After that, you should click on Forwarding and POP/IMAP.
- After that, you should enable IMAP and allow for less secure apps in the Gmail account setting.
- Now you should go to the Mail app and open that Gmail account in the Mail app.
- You should open Mail settings and select accounts.
- You should add an account.
- Now you should click on advanced setup.
- You will be given the option to sure your email account type, you should select Internet email.
- After that, you should enter your account details. To do this, You should type the following in the Incoming email Box.
- You should select IMAP4 as the account type and type the following in the Outgoing email server: “smtp.gmail.com:46”
- Finally, after entering these details, click on sign in.
You should try this if you have a problem with your Outlook account:
If you have an outlook account, you should follow these simple steps.
- You should open the Mail app once again.
- You should select accounts and go to Add account.
- Instead of selecting Outlook, you should select Exchange.
- You should enter the valid Email address of your Outlook account. After that, you will be asked to enter your password.
- After entering your Email address and password, you should click on sign in.
- Finally, check whether your problem is solved or not.
We hope you got your error fixed using one of these solutions. Now you can enjoy using the Mail application in Windows 10.