The error code 0x80041006 is mostly seen while playing online games from different websites such as Yahoo, MSN, Facebook, or any other. You might experience this error while you are trying to play this game on Internet Explorer. This error can pop up in your computer can pop up when you try to launch the game, load the game, or while using some function inside that particular game. This error may give problems like not being able to download it, not being able to launch the game, not being able to load the game, or not being able to use some functionality inside the game. Because of this error, your game may freeze while playing. Your screen may go dark and you may not be able to play the game or you may not even be able to use the particular website. You can follow these solution steps in order to fix the error code 0x80041006.
Solution to Fix the Windows Error Code: 0x80041006
The solutions to fix the error code 0x80041006 are given below.
1. You should use the Disk Cleanup
Microsoft has given a built-in tool for removing the junk files from your computer called Disk Cleanup. You should utilize it to clean the junk files from your computer.
- At first, right-click on This PC and select properties.
- A new window will pop up. And be sure that you are on the General tab.
- You will see Disk Clean-up inside that particular window. You should click on it.
- After that, you should click on clean up system files. Then, you should mark all the files you want to clean and tap on OK.
After finishing the process, you should check whether the error 0x80041006 is fixed or not.
2. You should check boot in safe mode with networking
Unwanted drivers, processes, and other features can hamper your updates. You should boot in a Safe Mode with Networking to remove spoilers and update your system and apps. Follow these simple steps to open safe mode with networking.
- You should go to the start button and open the settings.
- And, click on Update & Security and go to recovery.
- Now, you should click on Advanced Startup.
- After that, you should click on restart now and choose a troubleshoot option.
- You should choose Advanced Options.
- Now, click on Startup Settings and Restart your computer. You should select 5 or F5 for safe mode with networking.
After you open safe mode with networking you should perform an SFC scan on your computer. To do the SFC scan using the command prompt, you should follow these simple steps.
- You should press Windows key+R to open the Run box.
- In the type CMD.EXE in the open box of the Run window.
- Command Prompt window will pop up. You should type SFC /scannow and hit Enter.
- The system check will be started. You should be sure that it will take some time.
- This process will find the corrupted files in your computer and remove them.
- After finishing the process, you should restart your computer.
After you complete these steps, your error will be solved. You should follow another method of the solution if this method did not work on your pc.
3. You should create a new user profile
In this step, you have to create a new outlook account to create a new user profile. You should follow these steps to create a new user profile.
- After that, you should press the Windows key + R key to open the run window.
- You should type the control panel in the open box of the run window.
- The Control panel window will pop up. You should find the Mail app and click on it.
- After that, the Mail window will appear on your computer screen. You can see the name of the current profile in the title bar.
- You should click on Show Profiles. Now, you will see all your Outlook profiles.
- You can tap on add to add an Outlook profile.
- You should select the name of that specific profile and click on OK.
- After that, you should enter your name, email address, and password. You should type the same password two times for confirmation.
- Now, you should click on Finish.
- You should select either Prompt for a profile to be used or change the profile used by default. After that, you should select Outlook.
Finally, you can close that window and open the Outlook app. After that, you should select the just created a new user profile. Your new user profile has been created.
You should check whether your problem is solved or not.
4. You should either uninstall or disable the security software
As we know, security software like antivirus, anti-malware software and Firewalls can also cause these sorts of errors. These sorts of software can cause error 0x80041006. You should have to either disable or Uninstall those security programs running on your computer. Further, either by going to that software or by following these simple steps listed below.
- You should go to the search bar and type Control Panel.
- You should click on Add or remove a program.
- Now find the security software from the list of apps.
- After that, right-click on that particular software and select remove program. The uninstalling process will start.
Note: You should be sure that this will uninstall your system.
You can disable your antivirus by opening that specific software and going to the setting.
5. Reset your TCP/IP on your computer
You should reset TCP/IP in your computer which may help you to fix your error 0x80041006. Then, you should follow these simple steps in order to reset TCP/IP in your computer.
- You should press the Windows key + R key. This will open the Run box.
- You should type CMD.EXE in the open box of the run window.
- The command prompt window will pop up on your screen. You should type the following command and hit
- Enter after each of these three commands.
netsh int ip reset
netsh int ipv6 reset
netsh winsock reset
- Finally, you should restart your computer system.
Your error will be fixed using this method of solution. If your error was not fixed using this method you should use any other solutions stated below.
6. You should uninstall and restart your game
You should uninstall the problematic game and install it once again. This method of solution seems silly but many users have got a positive result by using this method of solution. You should follow these simple steps in order to uninstall the problematic game.
- You should press the Windows key + R key which leads you to the run box.
- Now, you should type the control panel in the open box of the run window.
- A control panel window will pop up on your computer screen. You should click on programs and features.
- There you can see the list of games and applications present on your computer. You should right-click on the game you want to uninstall and select the uninstall option.
- After that, you should follow the instructions given on the screen.
- Now, you can install it from the source. The source may be a flash drive, circular drive, or internet.
Along with this method, there is one alternative method. You should follow these simple steps.
- Press the Windows key + X key which will open a list of options.
- You should select Programs and Features.
- A new window will pop up on your computer screen. On the left side of the window, you can see the list of options.
- You should click on Turn Windows features on or off.
- Now, you should find the game which you want to disable, you should expand it by clicking. You should expand it, turn off the game and wait till the game is disabled.
- After that, you should click on OK and restart your computer.
- After restarting, go to the same menu and enable the game by using the same process.
These are the solutions for the error code 0x80041006. We hope, this article helped you a lot to fix your error in your computer.