With Gmail sign in, you will be able to personalize Google services like Play, Drive, YouTube, etc. Register Gmail account if you don’t have an account yet.
Users can log into Gmail account using different devices like PC/Laptop, mobile, tablet, and other with web version and application.
Gmail Sign in from web-browser
If you are trying to sign in Gmail via a web browser on a computer, follow the steps given below.
- Step 1: Open a web browser and then enter https://mail.google.com/mail/
- Step 2: Type Google email address or username and click ‘Next’.
- Step 3: Enter the password in the password field.
Step 4: Finally, click “Sign In” button.
Now you will be directed to your personal Gmail Inbox. Start using free email services from Gmail.
By clicking the ‘stay-signed-in’ box, a cookie will be saved in the current device.
If you have landed on a page with address https://www.google.com/intl/en/mail/help/about.html then you may see Gmail landing page with information about features of Gmail and describe Gmail, you may not see the Gmail Sign in form. To go to Gmail login form, look at the top-right part of this page you will be able to see a link to Gmail Sign In and a button to Create a Gmail account.
Gmail account log in with 2-Step Verification
Choosing the 2-step verification process makes your account more secure. By enabling 2-Step Verification in Gmail, you will always know who tried to log into your email account via SMS. There may always be someone to steal your account which may put you at risk. If you keep 2-step verification active, other people having password may not access Gmail account without the SMS verification code. It will add one extra layer of security to the Gmail account. To enable 2-Step verification, follow the steps given below.
- Step 1: Sign in to Google account thereafter click on My account.
- Step 2: In the ‘Security‘ section, click on ‘Signing in to Google’.
- Step 3: After that click ‘2-step verification’ and then click on ‘GET STARTED’.
Follow the step by step guide given on the page that will help you through the setup process.
When you are done with the steps, you will be taken to the verification setting page again. Backup your phone number and review Gmail account settings once. After this process, you will receive an SMS with a verification code on mobile number whenever Gmail account is being accessed.
Gmail Login From Android Device
When it comes to Android devices, the first thing you need is a Google account. Either you have to be in contact with friends, transfer existing contacts from one device to new one or use Google Play Store, Gmail account is a must. So, we have created a step by step tutorials for Gmail sign in from Android device.
- Open setting of Android and then click on “Accounts“.
- You will see a list of accounts that have been used to log in the device. In the end, you will see ‘Add account’ option. Click on it.
- Click on Google from the list to add Google account to Android.
- Enter Google account email and after that click Next.
- In the next step, you need to enter the password to sign in to Gmail account in android device.
- You need to verify it’s you to add a new account. Please enter your device pin or fingerprint (applies to new Android devices) and click Next.
- If you wish, you may set up payment info. However, it is not mandatory so you may click on ‘No thanks’ and click continue.
- Cheers! You just signed in Gmail email from Android successfully.
Frequently Asked Questions about Gmail email login
Q. I forgot the password of my Gmail. How can I log in to Gmail account?
Ans. You need to reset Gmail password, either via answering few questions given by Google or reset via mobile or recovery email. If you have entered the accurate information, it will be very easy to recover Gmail account.
Q. Can I sign into Gmail without password?
Ans. Yes, You can sign in to Gmail account with Google authenticator. You will just need six digit number to login to Gmail inbox.
Q. How can I get Gmail on my iPhone?
Ans. Please see above instructions to get Gmail on your iPhone/iPad and iOS device.
Q. I have recently changed my password of Gmail, but I forgot it. However, I remember the old password which was changed. Can I recover my Gmail account?
Ans. If you remember old Gmail password, you can easily reset it again with changed old Gmail password.
Q. Can I change my Gmail email username?
Ans. You can change the name that’s linked to an email address however you won’t be able to change the email address. If you want to change your email address, sign up for a new address. After you sign up for a new address, you can transfer emails and contacts from old email address to the new one.
Q. How to remove the dot from my Gmail username?
Ans. You don’t need to remove the dot from Gmail username or Gmail address. If you have a dot in the email address, you don’t need to change anything. You’ll get any emails people send to address even if they don’t include the dots. Messages sent to [email protected] and [email protected] will go to the same place.
Q. I forgot my Gmail email. Can I recover it?
Ans. Yes, even if you forgot your Gmail username, you can retrieve it. Fill in the details in the given link and have access to your forgotten Gmail account.