The error 0x80070006 is one of the Windows update error codes. This error 0x80070006 mostly pops up when you try to install new updates for windows. This error sometimes occurs when you are searching for the latest version of Windows. Windows update is very important in the point of view of the computer’s performance and its protection. So, you should solve the error 0x80070006 as soon as possible for the sake of your computer’s performance and protection. Before jumping into the solution let us see some of the causes of this error.
- You may face this error because of the Problem with the Internet connection.
- The error 0x80070006 may pop up because of Anti-virus software or a Firewall issue.
- You may face the error 0x80070006 when windows update services are not running properly.
- Your corrupted registry files may cause the error 0x80070006.
Solutions to Fix the Windows Error Code: 0x80070006
After seeing these causes of 0x80070006, let us see the methods for solution.
1. You should utilize Windows Update Troubleshooter.
At first, use Windows Update Troubleshooter which may help you. You can follow these simple steps to use Windows troubleshooter.
- First, you should go to the query menu by pressing the Windows key + Q key and searching out for Windows Update Troubleshooter.
- Then you need to start running by pressing the Windows key + R key.
- Now you should type the control panel in the open box of the run window.
- It will open the Control Panel window. Then you need to select the System and Security option of the control panel window.
- Now you should select the update troubleshooter.
- Then you need to click on the option Fix problems with Windows update.
- You must find out and click on the Advanced tab option in the window.
- Now you should left-click on the Run as administrator option.
(Note: You need to make sure that you have clicked on the Apply repairs automatically option)
After the completion of these steps, you can find that the troubleshooter automatically starts to scan for the acknowledged problems and errors with your system updates. You should wait for some period of time patiently for its completion as it takes several minutes to complete.
2. You should uninstall or disable your anti-virus or anti-malware software.
You may know or not, Windows does not need any third-party antivirus as it has in-built anti-malware software called Windows Defender. If you have installed a third-party application on your Windows computer, it may harm your operating system. So, you should either disable or uninstall that particular third-party antivirus. You can disable your antivirus by going to that specific software but if you want to uninstall that third-party application, follow these easy steps.
- You need to enter the Windows key + R key to open the run window.
- After the run window appears, you must type the control panel in the open box and hit enter.
- A control panel window will pop up on your screen. And, you should find programs and features and tap on them.
- You can see the list of software on your computer. Then, find the particular third-party antivirus software which you want to uninstall. You should right-click on it and select uninstall.
After following these steps, you should check whether the error is fixed or not. If your error 0x80070006 is not fixed, you should try using another solution for this error.
3. You should run the System File Checker scan.
You can use the SFC scan to check for corrupt files. SFC scan helps you to navigate the corrupted files and remove those corrupted files. You should follow these steps to run the SFC scan on your computer.
- You need to press the Windows key + R key to open the Run Window.
- After opening Run Window, you must type CMD.EXE in order to open the command prompt as the administrator.
- You can also use Windows key + X key and select command prompt(Admin). Also, use either the 1st and 2nd steps or only the 3rd step to open the command prompt.
- Then, see the Command prompt window popping up on your computer screen.
- You should type SFC /scannow in the Command prompt windows.
- The process may take some time. You should wait and after completing the process, you should restart your computer.
Following these steps, you may be able to fix the error 0x80070006. If you were not able to solve the error, you should try another solution from below.
4. Reset Windows Update Component using Command Prompt.
You should follow these simple steps to reset Windows Update Component.
- Press the Windows key + R key in order to open the run box.
- You must type CMD.EXE in the open box of the Run window and hit Enter or click on OK.
- A command prompt window will pop up on your screen. You should type these commands and hit enter after typing each line.
- net stop wuauserv
- net stop cryptSvc
- net stop bits
- net stop msiserver
- ren C:\\Windows\\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
- ren C:\\Windows\\System32\\catroot2 Catroot2.old
- net start wuauserv
- net start cryptSvc
- net start bits
- net start msiserver
- After giving these commands in the command prompt, you should restart your system.
If your problem is not solved, you should check for other solutions to this error.
5. You should do a clean boot on your PC.
You should boot in a clean boot state and try to operate the same file. This will help you if some processes are interfering with the boot.
- You should go to the search bar and type msconfig in the bar and hit enter.
- You should click on the System Configuration Utility.
- After that, you should go to the general tab and click on Selective Startup.
- You should clear the load startup items check box.
- You should be sure that Load system services and Use Original boot configuration are checked.
- Now, click on the services tab.
- After that, you should choose the Hide All Microsoft Services check box.
- You should click on Disable all.
- Finally, you should click on the Apply or Ok option and restart the computer.
After finishing the process, you should check whether your problem is fixed or not.
Thus, we hope your error 0x80070006 got fixed with the help of these solution methods.