The error code 0x8007000e is mostly caused when you try to update your Windows 10 to version 1903. This error will pop up with an error message like Windows could not search for the new update. The cause of this error can be different from one computer to another computer. The third-party antivirus or antimalware program, as well as corrupt files in the Software Distribution folder, can cause this kind of error.
Solution to Fix the Windows Error Code: 0x8007000e
There are many possible reasons which cause this error so, there are only a few solutions to fix this sort of error. Further, solutions to fix the error are stated below.
1. You should disable or uninstall all the security software:
As we know, security software like antivirus, anti-malware software and Firewalls can also cause these sorts of errors. This software can be a hindrance for Windows Update. At first, either disable or Uninstall those security programs running on your computer. You can do this either by going to that software or by following these simple steps listed below.
- Go to the search bar and type Control Panel.
- You should click on Add or remove a program.
- Now find the security software from the list of apps.
- After that, right-click on that particular software and select remove program.
- The uninstalling process will start.
Note: You should be sure that this will uninstall your system.
2. You should remove junk files from your computer:
You should check for the junk files on your computer and remove them. To process, you should follow these simple steps.
- You should go to the search bar and search for Command Prompt.
- Then, right-click on the command prompt and select Run as Administrator.
- You should type cleanmgr in that particular command prompt window and hit Enter.
- Select the drive which you need to clean up.
- After that, select all the utilities to clean up.
- You will be shown all the junk files present. You should mark all those and hit ok. If you are given any confirmation, you should give that confirmation so that your clean-up process will start.
- Finally, you should restart your computer. Check whether the error is fixed on your computer or not.
3. You should try running an SFC scan on your computer:
SFC scan is the one that detects the corrupted files and removes those files from your computer. To run an SFC scan, you should follow these simple steps to proceed.
- You should go to the Run window by pressing Windows key+R.
- You should type CMD.EXE in the Open box and hit Enter.
- Now, A command prompt window will be popped up. You should type SFC /scannow and hit enter.
- This process will take some time. This will detect and remove all the corrupt files.
4. Rename Spupdsvc.exe to Spupdsvc.old:
You should follow these steps to rename the file.
- Press Windows Key+R. This will open the Run Window.
- You should type the following in the Open box.
cmd/c ren %systemroot%\System32\Spupdsvc.exe Spupdsvc.old
- After this command is executed successfully, you should check whether the error is fixed or not.