Generally, recovery mode refers to the mode in which we can recover our important files and folders from any defective computer. Windows 10 offers plenty of tools for backup and recovery of your PC. You might have installed any software on your computer and your computer stopped working properly, this time you need recovery mode to recover the files you need. You might get problems with the performance of your PC and might want to restore all your settings and fresh start the windows 10 OS without affecting your personal files and data.
These are different recovery options for your windows 10, and you can choose any one of them according to your need and problems.
1. You recently updated your Windows 10, or install the app but your PC system is not working well the user System restore:
- Search Create a restore point in the search box of Cortana.
- When the system restore window appears choose system protection and click on configure button.
- Choose Turn on System protection and slide Max Usage bar to provide how much storage space is used to store restore point. (Usually 5%-10% ) And click on ok. Now if you need to create a restore point you can just return to the first step and click on Create button.
- Whenever you want to restore your pc to restore point, again go to the first step and click on system restore.
- System restore dialogue box will appear, now choose the restore point you want to return to and click next and follow as per the instruction. You will be able to return your windows 10 to that point.
2. If your PC is affected by a serious windows problem you might not be able to return to the restore point using System Restore. If you face this problem:
- Go to the Setting from start button.
- Choose the Update and Security option.
- Click on restart now under the Advance startup heading.
- Your PC will restart and you will be shown some options to carry out.
- Click on troubleshoot and choose advanced options.
- Click on the startup setting and a dialogue box will appear, click on the reset button.
Your PC will restart again showing an option for in what mode you prefer to load your PC. Press F4 to load in safe mode.
Now in the same mode follow the same step as method 1 (system restore) in the usual way.
- Still, you couldn’t create a restore point? Still, you haven’t lost anything. Windows 10 comes with an extra trick to recover your windows and personal files and data. Using its reset features you can reset your pc and again load with fresh Startup, although it will clear all your installed program it won’t affect your personal files and documents. Just follow the following easy steps:
- Click on the start button and open the setting app.
- Click on the Update and Security option.
- Choose the recovery option at the left bar of the current window.
- Under Reset this PC, click on Get started button.
- Choose the Keep all files option and click on reset.
Note: If you are not able to Reset this PC in normal mode due to a serious problem in your PC you can again load Safe mode as Narrated in method 2, and repeat the same procedure going to the Update and Security option in the Setting app.
You can also use a recovery drive in Windows 10 to restore or reset your computer. To use this recovery method, you can use the following steps.
- Connect a recovery device to your computer.
- Now press Windows key + L on your keyboard. This will get you to the sign-in screen.
- Then press the shift key and restart your computer. You should press shift and go to the start menu and press power. After that select restart in the right bottom corner of your computer screen.
- Now your pc will turn on in Windows recovery Environment(WinRE) after restarting in an above-mentioned way.
- You will be given an option to choose, now you should select Troubleshoot option. (If you don’t get any options screen, then your pc might not be in a boot from drive mode, so check the authorized site of company of your pc).
- You should go to advanced options and select system restore to restore from a system restore point. Your other private files will not be affected by this process, but those files which you installed recently and are giving problems to your pc will be removed completely.
- You can select advanced options and go to recover from drive to reinstall windows 10. It will reset your pc completely. This will remove all the files and drivers that you have installed and also restore the setting you have changed. It will change your pc fully into a new form of windows 10.