With AOL Mail login you can access web-based email service, use AIM (AOL Instant Messanger), get personalized online news and entertaining contents. Even if you are not communicating via AOL Mail, you should sign in to AOL Mail once in a while to avoid account deactivation.
Note that: if your account is inactive for more than 180 days, it gets terminated automatically. Theloginsupport assists to get back to your AOL Mail account.
Sign in to AOL via web-browser, desktop app, or any mobile app. To access AOL Mail on the desktop either you can download the official app or use default mail app of Windows 10. We suggest using 2-step verification for secure AOL email login.
AOL Mail Login using Web
- Visit mail.aol.com from your browser. (You can sign in via desktop/tablet or mobile)
- Enter your AOL username and password in the respective boxes.
- Check on ‘Remember me’ option if you are using a personal device and don’t want to enter login credentials each time.
- Select ‘Sign in’ and you will reach into AOL inbox.
If you are unable to aol.com mail login, check whether you are using the correct password. If you forgot the password, then follow ‘how to reset AOL password?‘.
AOL Email Login using Desktop App
You can also use the desktop app instead of a web browser to access AOL mail from your PC/Laptop.
- Download and install the AOL desktop app. It may take some time.
- Choose software settings you like by checking the corresponding check boxes and then click Continue.
- Review your settings and select the folder in which you want to install AOL Desktop app.
- After finishing those steps, click ‘Install Now’. After completion, this desktop app will run.
- Log in with your AOL mail account.
Alternatively, you can sign in to AOL using default mail app of Windows 10
- Open Mail app in Windows 10. Either go to programs and open the app or directly search ‘Mail’ in Cortana.
- Click on setting icon inside the Mail app. Select ‘Manage Accounts’ and choose ‘Add account’.
- Select ‘Other Account’. (POP/IMAP)
- Enter your full AOL email address, type the name you want and password in the respective box.
- Mail app will automatically detect settings for AOL mail, and your account is now synced in the Mail app. You can create, send, delete emails from the app. It’s even easier to use than AOL desktop software.
2-step Verification for aol.com Sign in
Using a password is one step verification. 2 step authentication uses the second layer of security. If you’ve enabled it, you need to enter the security code which you receive on your phone along with the regular password. It makes super hard for others to access your account.
How to enable 2-step verification?
- Visit i.aol.com and log in with your AOL account
- It might ask the security question, answer it.
- You’ll reach into ‘Account setting’ page, scroll down to ‘Account Security’ and click ‘ Set up’.
- Get started > Enter code receiving number > Select text me or call me option > Enter the code and verify.
- You’ll get disable code. Print or save it someplace secure. This code is required if you lose or can’t get to your phone.
- Click ‘Turn on’. Now your 2-step verification is activated successfully.
If you have any problem regarding AOL mail login, please let us know in comments below.