Forgot AOL password? Nowadays we have dozens of online account, and it’s hard to remember the password for each account. Fortunately, you can quickly reset AOL password with the steps mentioned below. Recovering AOL password via recovery email address is simple and quick. In case you want to change the current AOL password, then follow ‘how to change AOL Mail password’ here.
Recover AOL Mail Password using;
- The recovery email
- The ‘Text’ or ‘call’ to your mobile
- Another verification options
- Payment information
Reset AOL Password using recovery email
- Go to AOL login page or visit aol.com and click ‘Sign in’.
- Click on ‘Forgot password’ just above ‘Sign in’ button.
- It will ask your username or email address. Enter the email address you want to reset.
- Under ‘Email a reset link to my alternate email address’, type your alternative email address which you’ve provided while signing up for AOL.
- You’ll receive password reset link in your alternative email address. Click on the ‘Reset Password’ button or the link just below that button.
- You’ll reach into reset page, where you’ve to create a new password for AOL account. Type the password you want and click Save.
AOL Reset Password using Text or Call Options
- Enter Recovery phone number after you entered AOL username or email address and click Next.
- Select either call or text option as you prefer.
- Enter code you received on your mobile number and click Next.
- Now enter new AOL password and save it.
AOL Password Recovery using another verification process
- Click ‘try another verification option’ just under the ‘Next’ button after you entered AOL username or email address.
- You will be prompted to ‘Answer security question and verify profile information’, click it.
- Provide correct answers as you’re asked to and submit by clicking Next option.
- Now, you will be asked to enter new AOL Mail login password.
AOL Password Reset using Verify Payment Information
- Click Verify payment information option as shown below.
- Complete the form with payment information linked with AOL account and click Next.
- Now type new AOL password.
Congratulation, your AOL password is successfully reset.
Sometimes a pop-up window may appear asking your name, age or other personal information. Don’t worry they are trying to fill out any information they currently don’t have.
Things to consider before making new password
To make your AOL password secure and strong, you must follow the rules below. It’s for your accounts safety.
- Your password must be 8-16 character long
- You must use combination of uppercase and lowercase
- You should use at least 1 number and one special character like $#@!%.
- You shouldn’t use the same password for multiple accounts.
If you are unable to reset password or need further assistance, then call AOL support team.
AOL password reset customer care number: 1-800-827-6364
8:00 AM – 1:00 AM ET (Monday to Friday)
8:00 AM – 10:00 PM ET ( Saturday and Sunday)