Security experts suggest to change the password of your account regularly, and Gmail has no exception. You are advised to change Gmail password at least once in every three months. And if you doubt about anyone knowing your password, or sense any suspicious activities on Gmail email account, it’s suggested to change Gmail password immediately.
If you do not remember current login password for Gmail account but still want to change it, then you’ve to recover Gmail password at first. Follow this tutorial to reset Gmail login password.
Change Gmail Password with the following procedure
- Step 1: Go to your web browser and enter www.gmail.com.
- Step 2: Log into Gmail account by entering Gmail login username and password.
- Step 3: Click on your photo in the top right corner of the page and select ‘google account’ or directly visit ‘Google Account‘ here.
- Step 4: When you click Google account, you will be redirected to your account section where you can choose various options in ‘Sign-in & Security’, ‘Personal info’ and ‘Privacy and Account Preference’. Click ‘Signing in to Google’ under Sign-in & Security.
- Step 5: When you click Sign-in & Security, you will see when was your password changed last time, click on it to modify your gmail password.
- Step 6: After clicking, you will be redirected to login page. Enter your current password there. It’s to verify the actual owner of the account is trying to change Gmail password.
- Step 7: Now you are on the page where you need to type a new password. Make sure to create a secure login password. Click “Change Password” and you are done.
Cheers! Your password is changed for Gmail. You will see Last changed: Just Now in the password section. Do not forget to change Gmail password regularly to keep your account safe.
Android devices running Android version 5.1 or higher cannot do ‘factory reset’ within 72 hours of password change. For security purpose, you can’t use your account if the password was changed within 72 hours to set up the device after reset.