LinkedIn is a major social media platform which is business and employment oriented. If you are trying to make a professional networking, search employees for your organization or seeking employment, then LinkedIn is the best stage for you. To connect with all those professionals, you have to create a LinkedIn account. Follow the instructions to complete LinkedIn sign up process.
LinkedIn Sign Up Tutorials
- Step 1: Visit sign up page straight or go to linkedin.com.
- Step 2: Enter your real first and last name. You can’t use a company or other pseudonyms.
- Step 3: Enter the email address you want to sign up with.
- Step 4: Make a password for LinkedIn. Don’t use the same password for all of your online accounts. Create a strong password for LinkedIn account.
- Step 5: Click ‘Join now’. Few other information is required to complete the sign-up process. Fill any additional steps as prompted.
- Step 6: You’ll receive a verification code on your email. Open the email and enter the code you’ve received. Once the code is verified, you are ready to use LinkedIn.
Other Information required to complete LinkedIn sign up process
- Location and zip code.
- Job title and company. If you are a student, you need to provide school or college/university name and start and end year.
- The reason you’re interested in. For e.g. Finding a job or Building my professional network.
Things to consider while creating LinkedIn account
You must use your actual name. Pseudonyms, company names, groups or associations, or other characters can’t be used while signing up.
The Same email can’t be used to create more than one profile.
When signing up, Both personal email or work email can be used. But sometimes business emails are not permanent, as when you leave the job, you’ve to leave your email as well. So we suggest you use your permanent email.
Congratulations you’ve successfully signed up for LinkedIn. Log into LinkedIn and start to connect with fellow professionals.