Outlook email is one of the world’s first free webmail service provided by Microsoft. It is currently available in 106 languages. Outlook sign in is essential to use all the services provided by Microsoft. It is popular as it inherited all previous users from Hotmail and gained lots of new users as this have modern features and secure unlimited storage.
As outlook.com replaces Hotmail, most of its users are being confused on Hotmail.com, Outlook.com, and Live.com. All the services are same, and Outlook login is essential for each time.
Here we will guide you to sign in to Outlook.com in few easy steps described with pictures.
First, you need to create Outlook account to sign into outlook.com. If you have not created outlook account yet, follow our Outlook Sign Up page. After completing the sign-up, follow the following steps to sign in Outlook account.
Outlook Sign In steps
- Open a web browser and type www.outlook.com, which will redirect you to https://login.live.com and the next page will result on screen.
- Now enter Microsoft account, which can be either email address or phone number that you have used while registering for Outlook account and click Next.
On username section you need to enter a full email address, you can’t omit @outlook.com.
- Enter password for your Outlook account.
Make sure that you’re using the right password and don’t forget to check the Caps Lock key. Most of time Caps Lock key generates big issues on login process. Remember that passwords are case-sensitive.
- Check-uncheck ‘Keep me signed in’ box.
Ticking this box will let the browser remember Outlook login details. If you are using own devices on logging into Outlook account, it is good to check on the box. We suggest to un-check the box in case logging from public devices. Or don’t forget to sign out Outlook account after completing web mail service.
- Click ‘Sign in’.
- Congrats, now you are on Outlook email. You can check inbox, create mail, and get access to Outlook contacts.
Two-step Verification on Outlook Login
Turning on two-step verification on Outlook Sign In gives more security to Outlook account. It Protects Outlook account by making harder to unauthorized login access. You will get security code on email, phone, or authenticator app each time you sign in on any device if you turn on two-step verification.
You can turn on or off the verification system from security & privacy under account section. If you are signing in Outlook account using personal devices, it will be hectic to activate two-step verification.
If you have any problem or queries regarding Outlook Sign in, please do let us know in a comment. We will try out best to solve your problem.
Outlook Email Login in Windows 10 Laptops and Desktop
- Click Window Key on your Laptop or Desktop and type Outlook. You will find a desktop app.
- A welcome box will appear with ‘Welcome to Outlook 2016’. Click on Next in the box.
- Enter Outlook sign in details or Hotmail sign in details. After entering all credentials, Click ‘Next’ for Outlook sign in.
- Microsoft Outlook app will do a few verification for Desktop. After Outlook authenticates your login details, click ‘Finish’ to complete Outlook Sign in Windows 10 Laptop or Desktop.
- You are at new Outlook Inbox.
The Outlook login process is every easy and simple. It will only take few mins, and you will have a comfortable solution for emails as they will be auto-synced in Windows device.